08 August 2008

Back on Line after my Little Fierce Storm!

We had one little fierce storm!!!

After finishing up some shipping and posting on my blog, flickr and Shop 66 about the Dream Pet sale I headed to our local Post Office. On the way I noticed that all the cars headed my way had there lights on. As I drove past the tall trees and arrived in a spot where I could see the sky I noticed something very dark and fierce to the west - a storm (actually looked like a wall of water). As I got nearer the post office it was super dark and I was only thinking, can I make it in and out without getting wet? I got in and as soon as I was finished at the counter the storm hit, the building shook a little and the power went out. I was completely drenched in the two seconds it took me to get in my car. It was a total summer storm rain-out! I then spent the next twenty minutes dodging trees (scary lightening) and debris the rest of the way home. By the time I got home my whole yard and driveway looked like a pond, tree limbs and foliage was everywhere - and NO power (see photos below)! The rumour is we had a mini tornado...I'll be checking for the real news soon. Fortunately every one was OK! It was just a quick little fierce storm. Nothing serious.

However, the water and chaos was so dramatic in my yard I found a tiny snake on my screen porch. A sad and stretched out exhausted snake. As soon as it noticed me, it quickly slithered back into a corner into a little ball. Poor little scaredy-cat snake! (See his photo below.)

So that was my drama! I then spent the next 12 hours with not modern conveniences. OMG! It felt like 100 hours (and did I tell you it was also my boyfriend's birthday in the midst of all this...)

CHECK BACK LATER TODAY FOR A NEW ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING MY FANTASTIC DREAM PET SALE!! (Above is a peek at the adoptee pets...)


1 comment:

Taylor said...

No mention of tornadoes.
Only lost power for a few mins.
Tree debris in yard.
We got very lucky, here.

That snake is ewwy!