12 August 2009

Finger Ding Dollies


Today I share with you my vintage "Finger Ding" dollies. By placing your fingers inside each leg you can make them walk, run, dance and leap! The four I have in my collection include: Millie Mod, Sally Ice Skater, Betty Ballerina and (Flower Kid) Li'l Rose.





They were made by Remco from 1966 to 1969 and were just 5-1/2" tall. They featured the same face as another Remco doll, "Pip". Each came with little shoes (or skates) but were flat and not able to fit on fingers so shoes are a rare find. Fortunately, my Li'l Rose came in her packaging and still has her shoes. Remco also made finger ding Monkees, Animals and an Adventure Boy. Fun!!

Find your own Finger Ding dolly on Ebay! Search for Finger Ding Doll. (There's lots!!!)

2 comments:

Kitsch and Curious said...

They're so sweet! I have one, and I love her cute face!
What are those pages you've photographed? Are they from a book?

Unknown said...

Hello! I'm so happy I've arrived on our blog page. I am Jacqueline from Once Upon a Fairyland. Come on over and take a peek at my blog, I think you'll like it! I am a toy, gnome, elf, pixie, doll and even troll collector. I collect Liddle Kiddle dolls and I do remember the Finger Dings...oh how charming! Hope to meet you!