31 October 2007

Treasure Hunting




I finally made it to Detroit! What a beautiful fall drive - very long but totally worth it. This is a great time of year - the roads were open, the leaves were changing and the weather was perfect. My little zoom-zoom Mazda 3 is a pleasure to drive through the winding West Virginia mountains.


Today I spent almost three hours at my favorite antique mall in Howell, Michigan: Livingston Antique Outlet. I found quite a few treasures and left with a good medium sized box of them: Storybook dolls, Lefton big eyed animals, vintage 1966 yearbooks, early 1950's Snoopy figurines, cool retro owls and other great girl toys.


Tomorrow is another day of visiting and running errands before I head to my excellent storage space! I'll have 2+ days to sift through a huge area filled with boxes to the ceiling. Check back in a few days to see some great photos.


I hope everyone had a cool Halloween!

No comments: