08 December 2007

An Eye Emergency

Just a little reminder to all artists, designers and crafters! Be safe and try to wear safety glasses or goggles at all times possible when using tools and machines. Regular glasses and machine shields are not enough. I just spent the very wee hours of the morning at the ER with my boyfriend because he got a metal shard lodged in his eye while working in his workshop late last night with a grinder. I watched the doctor remove the tiniest micro piece of metal from his eye with a needle!! He is now ok though he's in pain and struggling to get sleep. His vision was not harmed. Fortunately, it was not as bad as it could have been.

Safety goggles (or glasses) are inexpensive and available almost anywhere. Home Depot has a pair for only $3.49. You can even buy them at Walgreens for $2.00.

On a happy note, just before I left for the hospital, I added more things to Shop 66 and will add more all weekend. Christmas is getting closer and USPS is starting to slow down so order now if you want to get things before the 24th.

Everyone have a pleasant (and safe) weekend!

Happy shopping, creating and resting!

:)

1 comment:

Hello Cupcake said...

oh my! I am very sorry that happend to your boyfriend! ^_^