27 June 2008

Friday Afternoon Shopping and Stuff

Yay! I was able to get out more than half of the shipping I was stressed over this afternoon and more of it will go out tomorrow morning. At the same time I created the Shop 66 MySpace page. (So far I have a whole 9 friends.) After I left the post office I did a little shopping.

I found this amazing cute n' scary doll head with braids at my town's Salvation Army thrift store (her eyes open and close!):

I then did some mainstream shopping and found a cute breezy dress and blouse for hot summer days (from Lucky Brand Jeans - wow! they look kinda of huge and blah on the hanger...believe me they are much cuter and flattering on and in person)

When I got home I finally opened my mail -- one of the boxes I was anticipating arrived - a box of cute mini vintage plush animals from Japan! (Several will be available in Shop 66):

Earlier in the day I found these cute Birthday Sunday School pins at Little Vintage Me on Etsy:
Now I'm relaxing a bit before I decide what to work on next. I'm due to add new things to Shop 66 but I still have to finish my surprise items...you'll just have to stop by Shop 66 tomorrow to see what my decision was.

Have a TGIF Friday!! :)

3 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow! I can't believe the Salvation Army was selling a doll head! That's kind of creepy but glad it found a great home!

Mitzi - Vintage Goodness said...

Hey Gretchen! Just got your Etsy order for the candle holders, it's so funny because when I saw them I totally thought of you! I am glad you found them and snatched them up, they are so cute!

I don't know if you've been by my blog lately, but I started a new website called The Vintage List at http://www.thevintagelist.com - it is a vintage shop directory and I would love to have you on board!

To go with the directory I also started a private forum for everyone to "talk shop" on - I would love to have you there, too, your little shop is such a success I'm sure you would have a lot to contribute! :)

Folksie Linda said...

Hi Gretchen, took your advice and had a nice relaxing day...love the little doll on the right in the collage...so cute!!