22 June 2008

I know what it is...

The reason I've been so sick and why I'm so low is mainly from one thing...grief. You would think four years is a long time to recover from loss of your spouse but it's not -- sometimes it's like it was yesterday. Then there are the moments or events that bring you back to the second you heard the news. I miss my husband -- I long for him. And two weeks ago another important piece of him passed way, his brother. He was also one of my best friends.

I'm sad and speechless and a little unmotivated at times. Yet, other times I'm happy and excited and super creative and ready to work. It's a roller coaster. One I would not wish on anyone. I take one day at time when I feel like this. I have to keep living for them.

I miss you Don Moss!! I miss you Ron Moss!! Life just isn't the same without you.

2 comments:

Folksie Linda said...

I feel for you Gretchen..life is never the same.. my daughter was killed in a car accident leaving two small boys who are in my care -eight years ago on June 22, 2000.. and it seems like yesterday and the grief is very hard to bear...
Know you are not alone and if you ever need to talk..know you can e-mail me anytime.. i am here for you.

boopsiedaisy said...

My heart feels heavy as a brick for you right now, Gretchen. I don't know how you are even still breathing after suffering such immeasurable loss. You are a miracle & man oh man, just imagine the size of your husband's smile (wherever he is right now) & how proud of you he must be for living on! I wish there was some perfect & amazing thing I could write to zap your pain away. I think you are so strong & brave! Please talk about Don (or Ron) whenever the need arises. I love to see AND hear about him. He was incredible looking & sounds like he was quite phenomenal on the inside as well. Would love to be able to give you the BIGGEST HUG. Please lean on us whenever you like, Gretchen. You can e-mail me anytime as well. all the love in the world to you,

M.